The Tree and Me

    Leaves turn brown and fall away
    Each morning I sweep the patio
    Knowing tomorrow there will be more
    Until one morning the tree will be bare.

    It’s the very normal part of the seasons.
    Days get shorter and cooler
    Leaves turn brown and fall from their host
    Until it is left barren to face the wind alone.

    My hair has fallen
    Let loose by the poison
    Pumped into my body
    Destroying all in it’s path.

    I feel naked and embarrassed
    At my new frightening image
    It makes me look old and sick
    It labels me a cancer victim.

    I see the tree standing tall having no choice
    But to let the leaves drop to the cold ground below
    I understand the helplessness of watching part of you fall away
    Having to accept the bareness with strength and grace.

    In spring the days will once again be warm
    The buds will promise the beauty of renewal.
    Perhaps come spring the tree and I can rejoice
    That we are whole once more.

    For now I will sympathize with the tree.Source URL: http://threemoonsevolving.blogspot.com/2008/09/tree-and-me.html
    Visit Future Design Interior for daily updated images of art collection